Performing Arts in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5
In order to prepare children for lives of meaning and purpose in the 21st-century global economy, the Keith Country Day Lower School Performing Arts program is committed to the following objectives:
- To creatively collaborate with others and work as a team
- To understand the many aspects of theatrical productions
- To gain a respect and appreciation for music and performance art
- To learn important skills such as public speaking, body. and vocal awareness
- To explore character development, emotion, mood, and conflict/resolution
- To analyze play scripts
- To take on production responsibilities and role requirements
- To understand and use vocabulary associated with the theatre
- To be familiar with classic plays and musicals as well as composers
The Performing Arts program strives to: introduce children to performance art and all its aspects, enhance the skills and talents student already possess as well as discover new ones, encourage children to find their strengths, instill enthusiasm, use their imaginations, use their musicianship, use their voices, create as an individual and also work as a team, to give them as many opportunities to perform, and above all, to build personal confidence.
Please feel free to contact me by email with any questions!
PK – 5th Performing Arts teacher